- From: Fly London Shoes tReds <flylondonshoestreds@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 09:11:01 -0800 (PST)
Sunglasses or sun glasses are a form of protective eyewear designed
primarily to prevent bright sunlight and high-energy visible light
from damaging or discomforting the eyes. They can sometimes also
function as a visual aid, as variously termed spectacles or glasses
exist, featuring lenses that are colored, polarized or darkened. In
the early 20th century they were also known as sun cheaters (cheaters
being an American slang term for glasses).
Many people find direct sunlight too bright for comfort. During
outdoor activities, the human eye can receive more light than usual.
Healthcare professionals recommend eye protection whenever the sun
comes out to protect the eyes from ultraviolet radiation (UV) and blue
light, which can cause several serious eye problems. Sunglasses have
long been associated with celebrities and film actors primarily from a
desire to mask their identity. Since the 1940s sunglasses have been
popular as a fashion accessory, especially on the beach.
- Prev by Date: Aviation - Homeland Security Training
- Next by Date: cheap sunglasses
- Previous by thread: Aviation - Homeland Security Training
- Next by thread: cheap sunglasses