Re: DAB MP2 bitrate question

[Trimmed to just posting in one group.]

In article
<e3f67dbb-d97b-4cea-a2ac-e0003d5134ec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
<jamie_p84@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Feb 15, 2:33 pm, tony sayer <t...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You can rip a CD perfectly using a PC CD-ROM drive and the right
software, which gives you an error-free wav copy of the signal.

So you reckon you'd be able to reliably tell that apart from the same or
another CD of that material from a CD player in a live A-B comparison?.

With a good sound card in the PC, and against an average CD player,
the difference is surprisingly stark. (but, of course, idiots on this
group will claim otherwise.)

Your assertion is rather ambiguous or vague for various reasons.

Firstly, since your posting was in two groups it wasn't clear which group
you were calling "idiots". :-)

Secondly, your carefully preload your response by limiting it to comparing
"good" sound cards with "average" CD players. Since you've not defined here
the meaning of either qualifier you can simply choose to define "good" and
"average" to mean "can be distinguished" - so making your assertion
self-referentially "true" even if one category or the other were actually
void of members. :-)

Thirdly, you can also be self-referentially be defining "idiot" to mean "no
one in reality". So maybe just playing word-games to use rhetoric in place
of you having any actual checkable evidence.

Forthly, you omit to give any assessible evidence of your claim. Making an
assertion that you can do something is one thing. Providing evidence that
others can check that you *can* do what you claim - when you only have the
sound to go on - is something entirely different.

Perhaps you could list the names of some of the "idiots" on the group you
had in mind, and give references to postings where they claimed a "good"
soundcard *couldn't* be distinguished from an "average" one. Note the
inclusion of the qualifiers you used.

BTW Tony, did you xpost this just to expose the sweeping assertion? I can't
see the context for it having much to do with the thread title.... IIRC
'jamie' seems to have a history of making dubious claims on the digital-tv
group... or am I confusing him with some "idiot"?... :-)

Slainte,

Jim

--
Change 'noise' to 'jcgl' if you wish to email me.
Electronics http://www.st-and.ac.uk/~www_pa/Scots_Guide/intro/electron.htm

  • Re: Gas Prices???
    ... Since the 'evidence' goes back over several days, and covers several posts, and it is now evident that you don't even remember what you wrote just one or two short days ago, I can't help you with your dim memory, except to post the exact words which you wrote and cite the document that you wrote them in. ... I expect to engage in serious discussion of issues, not with some troll who gets jollies by posting with no such intention in mind. ... I merely pointed out your contradictory statements. ... the preponderance of opinion and documentation against you from BOTH sides of the aisle is overwhelming. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Hines-Renfors-Johansson-McCulloch team of scientific experts explain Vinland Map ink
    ... <Stupid top posting cow's top posting healed> ... > more when taken out of it's context. ... The logical conclusion of this is that no assertion as to a fact can ... But then you are a stupid, dumb, lying, top posting cow aren't you ...
    (sci.archaeology)
  • Re: Why is Bob, Rolf and Create This attempting to have me banned?
    ... posting then I will be forced to lodge a formal complaint with your ... You also may be deleting your previous posts, ... you have just as much evidence that the three you ... Ray, since you have been refuted over and over, that's hardly an issue. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: The corner Ted has backed himself into ...
    ... So stop him posting in here with the proof he asked for. ... You could always try discussing 'football' while you are about it. ... As for evidence, I am happy to post what I remember, I was half pissed before kick off and everything was handled by the sponsors - but what I find most incredible is the sad mongs that need evidence. ... I am happy to let the sad twats pretend I didn't go. ...
    (uk.sport.football.clubs.liverpool)
  • Re: KRS - Possible news to come
    ... are told that only part of the evidence will be disclosed, ... people know all the evidence (like you, Inger) while others will have to ... The above posting is neither a legal opinion nor legal advice, ...
    (sci.archaeology)