Re: BBC's Dire Coverage of the Thames Flotilla and other Jubillee Events
- From: Michael Bell <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 22:37:51 +0100
In message <4fd0bc77$0$25994$c3e8da3$65398ca7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
John Bennett <seesig.for@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu 07 Jun 2012, MB <MB@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Perhaps a petition about why ITV chose to cover a tennis match rather
than a major state occasion like this.
Have you thought about how many cameras and cameramen are needed to
cover an event like this? It's quite mind boggling! I remember Princess
Di's funeral when I know they were employing wedding cameramen with sub
broadcast equipment to make up the numbers. No wonder some of the
coverage was poor and it always will be with the dumbed down, casualised
TV industry we now have.
I think ITV made a very good decision not to even attempt to cover it.
As an ex-BBC cameraman myself what upsets me most is that Sky apparently
did a better job than the BBC! This does not bode well for the BBC and
gives ammunition to its knockers, but I'm sad to say they have brought
about their own demise.
They may have made a bad job of it, but one bad job won't kill the BBC
- Prev by Date: London Underground locomotives
- Next by Date: Re: Oh Dear
- Previous by thread: Re: BBC's Dire Coverage of the Thames Flotilla and other Jubillee Events
- Next by thread: Re: BBC's Dire Coverage of the Thames Flotilla and other Jubillee Events