Metropolitan Operations Beyond Amersham
- From: allantracy <allanbintracy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 13:34:37 -0700 (PDT)
The original Metropolitan Railway services went some distance beyond
Amersham (Verney Junction).
After the GC opened, Metropolitian services were cutback in stages to
Finally, through Metropolitan services were cutback, even further, to
only run as far as Amersham, this to coincide with the extension of
electrification to Amersham from Rickmansworth?
I’ve seen pictures of Sarah Siddons with an Aylesbury destination
So, presumably, it was the case that, prior to the electrification
extension, passenger services to Aylesbury were operated by the
Metropolitan, albeit with a loco change at Rickmansworth, to and from
So, did those loco hauled services ever start back from the City?
Presumably, all main line GC services ran non-stop as far as Aylesbury
or did the longer distance main line services ever make stops south of
- Prev by Date: Re: Oh Dear
- Next by Date: Re: Longer Distance Crossrail
- Previous by thread: What Plans For Barrow and Windermere Following Electrification
- Next by thread: Re: Metropolitan Operations Beyond Amersham