Re: Mystery pictures revealed

"Andy Kirkham" <a.kirkham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1139911940.681607.84570@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nick Pedley wrote:

Please reveal the full history of the pics. I'd love to know the
locations!

Nick

OK, here goes

The terminus is Millbay station in Plymouth, which was closed to
passengers during the Second World War, I think due to enemy action. I
think it was used for stabling carriages until about 1970. Taken 1974.

Do I assume correctly this site is now long gone and redeveloped?

The post office picture, as has already been revealed, is at Dowlais
Cae Harris. Taken 1974.

Is this near Merthyr Tydfil? Sounds Welsh.
Anybody able to provide an OS map reference of the site?

Nick

  • Re: Mystery pictures revealed
    ... The terminus is Millbay station in Plymouth, ... passengers during the Second World War, I think due to enemy action. ... Cae Harris is SW of the large roundabout by Dowlais Top. ...
    (uk.railway)
  • Re: One For Dom
    ... Grimace painfully while smacking your forehead and muttering: ... Greet everyone getting on the elevator with a warm handshake and ask ... Wear a puppet on your hand and talk to other passengers "through" it. ... /* call of duty world at war, gears of war 2, c&c red alert 3, jim jeffries ...
    (uk.media.tv.misc)
  • Re: How far to the nearest station?
    ... E.g. Okehampton - Tavistock - Plymouth has value as a key ... artery to ensure the Cornish main line isn't vulnerable to the Dawlish ... money in an otherwise unnecessary rail reopening, ... trains won't get to their destinations on time, so passengers and ...
    (uk.railway)
  • Re: Riviera Sleeper
    ... of scrapping this route, was pleased to see that the number of passengers ... Have a question about the 'Plymouth' part of the train which I believe was ... from the main train and placed in a siding so that Plymouth passengers could ... helpful and journey very smooth. ...
    (uk.railway)