Re: Wasting Water By The Pound

"M0WYM" <nitpicker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:j47jt2$49q$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
lugh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

.

Yes but it's difficult to export water you see...

Duh. So that means we can waste it all.

It's a total waste of money (ours), energy and water. Water distribution
and
usage in this country is absolutely crazy. We all pay water rates so
idiots
can top water lawns with spinklers, etc. Crazy.

We pay taxes so some people can sit at home and refuse to work. That is
crazy. However, when someone complains you moan.

Oh, and people with sprinklers tend to be on meters these days so pay for
what they use.

The smart people are on meters anyway, my water bill when I moved into this
house (1997) was huge, until I got a meter. It took years for it to rise to
the old level- in fact (allowing for inflation) I doubt if it has. I must
have saved a fortune.

--
73
Brian G8OSN/W8OSN

  • Re: Yorkshire Water tariffs?
    ... income so they'd>> have to work out how to charge you all the ... Then there would be those who pay about the ... Larger households use more water. ... as more data comes in from the meters. ...
    (uk.finance)
  • Re: The triumphalist attitude of many British workers
    ... Meters are a GOOD thing. ... Of course they do and they have to pay for what they consume. ... Unmetered water means that people have a don't care attitude to ... Only if you believe that people are unable to conserve without being ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: wd-40
    ... Thanks to the efforts of organizations such as SCAQMD, smoggy ... Trying to grow grass like an English garden is a total waste of time, ... money, and water, especially water. ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: Wasting Water By The Pound
    ... It's a total waste of money, energy and water. ... We pay taxes so some people can sit at home and refuse to work. ... The smart people are on meters anyway, my water bill when I moved into ...
    (uk.radio.amateur)
  • Re: Wasting Water By The Pound
    ... It's a total waste of money, energy and water. ... The smart people are on meters anyway, my water bill when I moved into ...
    (uk.radio.amateur)