Re: Dstar on a PC?

"Spike" <Aero.Spike@S&T.invalid> wrote in message news:r5ree55oim7ikg2jt7bnrocca2psjcqbqo@xxxxxxxxxx

lucifer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 21:01:27 -0000, "Brian Reay" <see@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Locally we've had a yob who attacked someone
(he admitted to common assault), now he (and his parents) are griping
because his "prints" and DNA have been taken. Well, he will just have to
behave in future. If he didn't want to end up with these "on file" he
shouldn't have done it. Simple enough concept.

That's the problem, Brian. It is far too simple.
Your world may be black and white, the real world is an infinity of greys.
Your responses are far too knee-jerk and lack cohesion. You haven't
thought through what you are saying, in many of your simplistic
solutions.
It's fortunate that you play no part in the administration of justice.

Brian really does struggle, doesn't he?

I post legal and moral dilemmas on here in response to his simplistic
view, and he never responds to them.

You are the one with the dilemma! I've no dilemma at all, disturb the peace and good order of society and you pay the price.

You spend you time trying to make a point but all you are doing is excusing those who would disrupt things.

  • Re: Instinct, emotions and conscience
    ... But my knowledge of DNA is small. ... Are they in our genes, learned responses, implanted by God ... interact with brains. ... beyond behaviours which are simply 'hard-wired'. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Parent responses.
    ... Parents these days are bombarded with paper, ... the food chain and I tend to get ht responses in reasonably good time. ... I do EXPECT kids to turn-up for just about everything ... stuff and giving and recieving information from parents... ...
    (uk.rec.scouting)
  • Re: test for proportions
    ... In the survey i got responses from the parents and children regarding ... what kind of statistical test i can apply for ...
    (sci.stat.math)
  • Re: Surrogate Keys: an Implementation Issue
    ... This is clear from his responses, "the two states of the creature have the ... same DNA" and "If there were no common key, ...
    (comp.databases.theory)
  • Test of signinicance
    ... Please help me regarding statistical significance testing. ... In the survey i got responses from the parents and from their children ... from 2000 to 50000 segregated by gender, ...
    (sci.stat.math)