Re: Terrible Vista from here
- From: Spike <Aero.Spike@S&T.invalid>
- Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 18:50:19 +0000
TWO class A's <> wrote:
The plain fact is that Linux now installs easier than any
version of Windows you care to name
It pains me to say this, but in a fit of enthusiasm I downloaded and
installed Ubuntu, following rave reviews on here.
Everything went fine until I went to install WPA-PSK, because Ubuntu
didn't have it, possible two years after it became de rigeur to have
on a wireless network The required method of adding WPA-PSK was
incredibly complex. I abandoned Ubuntu until a version with enhanced
security became available.
When that happy day arrived, I downloaded the software, check-summed
it, burnt it to CD, and installed it.
I had a machine with apparently every functionality, but no icons on
the desktop. No links worked, it was just dead.
So, so far it's been Win 95 OK, Win98 OK, WinXP OK, WinXPPro OK.
Score: Win.....4 Ubuntu.....0
When it works OOtB I'll try it. Let's hope the wait isn't too long,
'cos in the long run, we're all dead.
- Prev by Date: Re: Terrible Vista from here
- Next by Date: DIY Projects (Duplexers)
- Previous by thread: Re: Terrible Vista from here
- Next by thread: Re: Terrible Vista from here