Re: Night school.

"William Black" <william.black@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:huo3a7$b8s$4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 09/06/10 09:14, Farmer Giles wrote:
"William Black"<william.black@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:humlfa$qr2$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 08/06/10 22:26, Farmer Giles wrote:

Even an HNC (in engineering)
would have been quite an achievement in those days at evening classes.

HNC was usually at the end of a very long sequence of courses.

CGLI craftsman's cert (two years), master craftsman's cert (final
year),
National Certificate (two years) HNC (three years) or the first two
followed by the intermediate technological certificate cert (two years)
and the full technological certificate (three years)

That's for electrical engineering anyway.

I got my full tech when I was 24 years old...

'full tech', not a term you hear much nowadays - and what a valuable
qualification it was. None of those courses listed above were completed
in
days of yore without a great deal of dedication and effort.

I seem to remember you telling me I was lying about my technical
background not two weeks ago.

Changed your mind yet?

The doubts I had in the past still remain.

  • Re: Night school.
    ... HNC was usually at the end of a very long sequence of courses. ... CGLI craftsman's cert, ... followed by the intermediate technological certificate cert (two ...
    (uk.politics.misc)
  • Re: Night school.
    ... HNC was usually at the end of a very long sequence of courses. ... CGLI craftsman's cert, master craftsman's cert, ... followed by the intermediate technological certificate cert ...
    (uk.politics.misc)
  • Re: Night school.
    ... CGLI craftsman's cert, master craftsman's cert, National Certificate HNC or the first two followed by the intermediate technological certificate cert and the full technological certificate ...
    (uk.politics.misc)
  • Re: Just getting started in pen-testing
    ... On Mon, 10 Nov 2008, Matt - MRS Security wrote: ... I think that direction towards courses as a recommendation would be ... my most "coveted" for lack of better terms cert is the OSCP because I ... I rambled on enough, but if I had to recommend what you asked for, then I would ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Just getting started in pen-testing
    ... I think that direction towards courses as a recommendation would be ... Pentesting to me as I said before is similar to an art. ... my most "coveted" for lack of better terms cert is the OSCP because I ... Security Trends Report from Cenzic ...
    (Pen-Test)