Re: Hunt protests.

William Black wrote:

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 12:53:25 +0100, White Spirit wrote:

One farmer pointed his loaded shotgun at one of the saboteurs of a bird
hunt (or whatever they call it). The saboteur walked up to his gun and
put two fingers into the barrels as though to plug the gun. It was like
something from an MGM cartoon.

I don;'t think they don't do that any more.

This was a while ago in Norfolk so I couldn't say whether they still disrupt shoots.

Messing with a shoot is an almost certain way to death or injury.

They shoot a proportion of their own help by accident, never mind interfering busybodies...

But it does disprove the suggestions put forward in this thread that saboteurs are cowardly and go for the easy option.

  • Re: Modern Steampunk
    ... barrel into the SBA and fires using a thumb... ... (Fingers around the ... Take a gun, grip it as you normally would, then push back on the front ... but your grip around the butt prevents it. ...
    (sci.military.naval)
  • Re: Hunt protests.
    ... gun and put two fingers into the barrels as though to plug the gun. ... I don't think they are cowards, indeed the one I know certainly isn't. ...
    (uk.politics.misc)
  • Re: Hunt protests.
    ... gentry, on the other hand, certainly thought that they were a cut above us scruffs. ... The saboteur walked up to his gun and put two fingers into the barrels as though to plug the gun. ...
    (uk.politics.misc)
  • Re: BBC1 Traffic Cops
    ... If you take a gun and you go point it at someone or you use it to get away, ... the police have the right to shoot you dead. ... Why do the police not just shoot the bloody driver once he is in ... (* chopping fingers off would be a good source of supply for hospitals as ...
    (uk.rec.driving)
  • Re: Hunt protests.
    ... put two fingers into the barrels as though to plug the gun. ... Messing with a shoot is an almost certain way to death or injury. ...
    (uk.politics.misc)