Re: what is a blip?

fergus wrote:
It seems to be a word people use about an incident which is of no
significance to them and which they think shouldn't be a cause of
significant hurt or pain for someone else. Maybe a way of abdicating
responsibility for the hurt they've caused?

I suppose a kick in the balls is a blip. My toe doesn't hurt so why
are you making so much fuss?
--

Fergus

"Just because my disability is invisible that doesn't make it any less real" Henri Nouen

I get told when I have a particularly down time that it's a blip. Seems to be an attempt to trivialise what seems to be the end of the world.

Dawn

  • Re: what is a blip?
    ... significance to them and which they think shouldn't be a cause of significant hurt or pain for someone else. ... Maybe a way of abdicating responsibility for the hurt they've caused? ...
    (uk.people.support.depression)
  • Re: what is a blip?
    ... significance to them and which they think shouldn't be a cause of significant hurt or pain for someone else. ... Maybe a way of abdicating responsibility for the hurt they've caused? ... Most people undergo a massive sense of humour failure when they receive some treatment that would be hugely funny when perpetrated on someone else - and especially when they do it. ...
    (uk.people.support.depression)
  • Re: Announcing my new Sci-fi Book
    ... and breed, without sense or purpose. ... throbbing in pain. ... Just root canals don't hurt because the point of it was ... Dad has bad teeth, ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: Announcing my new Sci-fi Book
    ... it's people buying books I don't like so what I ... pain pills. ... but no real pain (similar to pulled teeth). ... canals don't hurt because the point of it was to remove the nerve ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: Motherfucker of mercy
    ... I asked him a fking question ... shit if he doesn't want to hear it. ... WHAT is hurt, perhaps it's a nerve or a disk, got no idea. ... back pain is so fking COMMON out there and cannot really be TREATED ...
    (rec.martial-arts)