Re: +net help line.
- From: "pmj" <post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 22:15:05 GMT
"BunnyHare" <bingham@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
"pmj" <post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Your eMail Client *should* have not shown you the MIME Headers,
but should have Interpreted it all, showing you the Contents
of each "MIME Part"according to what's specified *by* those
Well it wasn't just the bit I quoted, the whole e-mail was like
that - gobbledegook
Yep, the Headers stated that the "MIME Part" which followed was
Encoded using Base64 Encoding, so that's why it looked the way it did.
<snip>I dunno why they are using "Base64" Content-Transfer-Encoding
for a MIME Part that has a "Content-Type" of "text/plain" though!!!
That seems a bit weird, but it's perfectly possible.
If you Copy & Paste what's below, which I have Copied from what
you Posted, (inbetween, but not including) the <quote></quote>
Lines, into a *Text* File & then Save/ReName it as an .eml File,
it will actually then Open up OK as an eMail in OutLook Express -
notice the Leading Space(s) at the beginning of the "boundary="
Lines, which seem to be missing from what you Posted
Yes, well I didn't post the whole lot cos it went on quite a bit
Yep, but what you Posted was enough to suss out what was happening,
the only reason that it didn't show up right, (if what you Posted was
exactly how it came) was simply cos the "boundary=" Lines didn't have
the required Leading Space Character...
That meant that they were taken as being a *Separate* header Line,
rather than a *Continuation* of the previous Header Line.
When the Leading Spaces are put in, (which I did, when I tried it)
then it all works exactly as it should.
I just tried doing that & from that we can see that all that
"dXNlcm5h..." etc, stuff actually Translates (when *Un*Base64
PlusNet is evolving - in an evolving
The EMail Client does the Base64 handling stuff Automagically,
by itself, provided the MIME Headers are correct.
Well it didn't, so I guess they weren't
If those Leading Spaces were missing, then that would screw it up.
Did you look at the eMail using the "View Message Source" Window?
or by Opening it up in the Preview Pane (or normal Message Viewing
I double clicked on the message to open it
Well, *that* View should Interpret the Headers & not show the Headers
But the "Message Source" View *should* show you the actual Headers
& not attempt to Interpret them.
... and also looked at it in message source - just the same
If there was an extra Blank *Line* in the Headers, then that can also
cause similar probs, cos the RFC822 Internet Message Specification
(which eMails & News Messages should adhere to) says that the Headers
of any Message are all the Lines up to the first *Blank* Line.
When it finds a Blank Line, then it takes what follows as the actual
Body Text & Displays it directly, rather than Interpreting any Header
Information in it.
Doesn't look as if I missed much though
But I wonder why you seem to be the only one who had a prob with
Others seem to have got the Message & Read it OK, with it being
properly Converted back from the Base64 Encoding.
- Re: +net help line.
- From: BunnyHare
- Re: +net help line.
- Prev by Date: Re: +net help line.
- Next by Date: Conversation in NY:
- Previous by thread: Re: +net help line.
- Next by thread: Re: +net help line.