Re: is is all dead?

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 13:29:55 +0000, Grave wrote:

> punk is all but dead

I would have to dispute that. The music and sub-culture has continued
since the 70's. The harder stuff has gone back underground and is ignored
by the media, whilst the more commercial stuff has been embraced by a
new generation and is considered quite mainstream.

To a degree, it's a case of "What Is Punk?" anyway. For instance, if The
Exploited and Buzzcocks are called "punk" then it leaves a wide variety of
music and image which could possibly fall into the category.

#Andy#

np: S.K.E.T. - Energija

  • Dead and Buried - Friday October 6th, London
    ... Punk* etc... ... With DJ Cavey Nik, Djane Darlin' Grave and Djane Kerosene Deluxe plus ... guest DJ Polly Trauma from All Gone Dead. ...
    (uk.people.gothic)
  • Re: "So... I never marched chip on my shoulder" Jason Jew Boyd Plawner
    ... First being you're a chicken shit little butterball who will NEVER get ... that close to me till I'm dead. ... Second you're just the kind of low life, weaselly, pubesent, ignorant, ... YEA/HOPKINS ass kissing, PUNK on the planet. ...
    (rec.arts.marching.drumcorps)
  • Re: yoko
    ... Dr. Strangemonde wrote: ... WOULD YOU BE SO HOT (IF YOU WEREN'T DEAD) ... The punk movement was a lot more tied in with the art crowd than people ...
    (rec.music.beatles)
  • Re: yoko
    ... WOULD YOU BE SO HOT (IF YOU WEREN'T DEAD) ... The punk movement was a lot more tied in with the art crowd than people ... and the official word for what the B-52s were is "kitsch". ...