- From: Paul Ryan <pryan_st@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 05:03:37 GMT
Upon the miasma of midnight, a darkling spirit identified as Grave <grave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> gently breathed:
Had a very illuminating conversation at work today to the topic of best & worst cover versions you've heard.
Best: Inkubus Sukkubus - Paint It Black
Yes, I know that probably looks biassed, but even if I'd never heard of anything else by IS I'd still rate this. The original, as done by the Stones, is weedy, week, and just generally horrible. Every cover anyone serious has ever done of this is better than the original. For a while the standard on how to do it properly was set by W.A.S.P. But IS went one better.
Indeed, that is a superb cover, and IS are brilliant.
Worst: Two old giffers with a combined age of about 350 with a keyboard at a mates wedding, who played their own version of what they called "The Birdie Dance". 3 times. The memory is engraved in my mind forever in awfulness...
That must have been horrible.
Some things were really never supposed to be!
NP: Sonata Arctica - Black Sheep.
- Mansfield Goths and Alternatives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mansfieldgoths
- Mansfield Chavs: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mansfieldchavs
- The Alternative Guide to Mansfield: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/alternativemansfield
- Get a taste of my life at: http://www.livejournal.com/users/ppotter .
- Prev by Date: Re: covers
- Next by Date: Re: covers
- Previous by thread: covers - paint it black
- Next by thread: Re: covers