Re: my new website - feedback required...

Owen wrote:
Hi,

I can't beleive it, I've actually found a UK based newsgroup for website authors.

Anyway. I wondered if you would be so kind as to give me any comments / feedback / criticism of my latest website. It's a personal site where I will be showcasing my fiction writing.

The URL is http://www.riptheuglybluevoidfromyourhead.com

The domain name.

If you want people to be critical of the site, make it easy for them - post the username and password to log in. I for one are not going to email you for a username/password.

HTML will not validate. There is no character encoding (there have been recent posts about this) or doctype.

Take a look at:

http://validator.w3.org/
(the advanced interface is more useful, as you can view source and look at line numbers)

Instead of "WANT A LOGIN?" add the word "do" or "would you like a login?

Same for all other sentences which begin "WANT".

Not sure what you have done here.

Click "contact" or one of the other menus on the left, then "home" and you have broken a broken link.

Try one of the online link validators.

Site looks nice, but the HTML needs a lot of work and the broken links fixed. Perhaps then people can evaluate it more.

Oh, and buy another domain name. I made the mistake of having a long domain name

- it really is a pain.

--
Dave K MCSE.

http://witm.sourceforge.net/ (Web based Mathematica front end)