Re: Vanden guitars - any info?
- From: "Brian Hoggard" <brian.hoggard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 19:03:26 +0100
"David Kilpatrick" <iconmags3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Brian Hoggard wrote:
A friend of mine has a prototype electric guitar made by Vanden for sale.
It's a solid body PRS shaped with bookmatched flame top and flame neck
even and a set of active EMG's in HSS config. All pickups are
individually switched and the neck is gorgeous. Previous owner has abused
the guitar so many scratches and dings etc.
It appears Vanden specialises in making for Martin Taylor these days and
only acoustic instruments feature on his site. So how does an older
electric with active EMG's stack up? Is it worth anything? My friend is
asking for £850...
Mike Vanden's instruments are classics. He designed the Mimesis pickup
which was sold to Fishman and became the Rare Earth. He has made jazz
guitars, solids and some other stuff. He's very highly regarded and the
instrument is probably worth rescuing.
Bought it today. It has a Kahler trem which needs a service so I'm not
actually getting it until Tuesday, but it's lovely. I'll post some pics etc
when it's mine...
- Prev by Date: Re: Recording Acoustic Guitar
- Next by Date: Re: Totally, totally OT: Picolax
- Previous by thread: Re: Vanden guitars - any info?
- Next by thread: Re: Vanden guitars - any info?