Jon Lord - R.I.P.

Author of "The Colour Purple" and writer of "Smoke gets in your eyes", Jon Lord is perhaps best remember for his catch phrase "Book him Danno".
He will be sadly missed.

  • Re: Jon Lord - R.I.P.
    ... Jon Lord is perhaps best remember for his catch phrase "Book him Danno". ... bof at bof dot me dot uk ...
    (uk.misc)
  • Re: "Ill keep my ear peeled"
    ... common phrase "keep my eye peeled", ... anyone peel their eye under any circumstances? ... Regarding "eyes peeled," it's a tossup whether ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: Simple four velocity question
    ... but neither would I apply the phrase "not real"'. ... Elevate your eyes, this was just one paragraph above. ... you are already lying, nothing prevents you from lying further doesn't ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Re: Ye Gods, they published this!
    ... The one where they complain about wandering ... eyeballs. ... "Hands in your lap and eyes on Ms. Weston" ... Not a single child showed the slightest sign of finding that phrase ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)
  • Re: Adjective for clients of high net worth
    ... >I'm currently struggling with the phrase "We are a firm focused on the ... >There's no way to hyphenate this that looks right to my eyes. ...
    (alt.usage.english)