Beyond a certain age

I think I've passed some mystical milestone of age without noticing it.
It revolves around a conversation with a person less than half my age.

It was about my TV.

Him: You have an HD media box.
Me: Yes.
Him: But your TV is only 720p
Me: I'm not bothered, the picture is good enough.
Him: But all your HD films will look about the same as SD ones!
Me: Yes, and? They all look good to me.
Him: But if you had a 1080p Tv you would see that your SD movies are
worse to look at.
Me: So if I spend three times as much on a new TV I can see a picture
that I wouldn't enjoy instead of being happy with the one I have?
Him: <gibbering rage>

  • Re: Beyond a certain age
    ... It revolves around a conversation with a person less than half my age. ... You have an HD media box. ... the picture is good enough. ...
    (uk.misc)
  • Re: Beyond a certain age
    ... It revolves around a conversation with a person less than half my age. ... Yeahwell. ... the picture is good enough. ...
    (uk.misc)
  • Re: Do you picture your fellow posters? - Saigon 69.jpg (0/1)
    ... I have vague images and it occurred to me that I picture most of you ... often accused about lying about my age. ... He never really smoked, he drinks ... hacking for five minutes and then seeing brother coughing like crazy ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: selena gomez vs miley cyrus revisited.....
    ... Also I was wondering.....is she mexican or not? ... But to Google up picture after picture of a kid that ... age and then post your critique of her attractiveness is indicative of ... female colleague who's at least your age. ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: selena gomez vs miley cyrus revisited.....
    ... But to Google up picture after picture of a kid that ... female colleague who's at least your age. ... It's one of those topics that can be fun to joke about on one level as long as it's not given too much thought, but then someone like Mia comes along and reminds me that it's really not a laughing matter in any way, shape or form. ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)