lies

Owing to a glitch with my Promise TV I was recently exposed to something I had never seen
before for a long time: ads on commercial TV. Bloody hell the world's gone mad, brimming with
liars, cheats, and scam merchants by the thousand holding sway over an entire industry. So
many that honesty and integrity have become the norm in an industry with Ofcom's dead hand of
Thatcherism on the tiller.

The biggest scams are now operated by assurance companies all crowding into TVs prime crime
slots aimed at the gullible and trailer park rubbish.
This scam is never given its proper name - term life assurance. Call a racket by its proper
name 'term life assurance' and the punters will melt away. Much better to use a well-known
face to front their conniving scams. Someone the gullible would never think of as being
involved in cheating. Someone like Parky or the lady who played Mrs Meldrew in OFITG. Faces
perceived as being 'regular' guys.

V and L have been so successful at selling dodgy life assurance scams that dozens of corrupt
life assurance salesmen companies have seen the scam as a neat bonus protection scheme and
have scrambled for a slice of the cake. TV ads are now crawling with 'regular guys' promising
cheap made in China pens to the unwary.

Back in the 1960s the actor, Alasiter Sim won his passing off case against a baked bean
company. Their pretend Mr Sim was deemed illegal. Today the suits couldn't get Morgan Freeman
to front their ads so they invented their own complete with a hardly noticeable pronunciation
name change.

No broadband supplier has ever given a true price for the monthly cost of their packages. You
might as well try to get the cost of an air ticket out of Ryan Air.
Dishonesty in the Often Conned world is always the best policy.

  • Re: Internet web pages legal issues {fiction}
    ... says your computer is being scanned for viruses. ... Ok, it's a scam. ... response to complaints that it's a virus or a scam. ... Google Ads has had this problem - they pulled the ...
    (misc.legal)
  • Re: Modern Day Medical Quackery
    ... there are the medical quacks. ... claiming unsubstantiated effect of their cures, ... "The company behind those ubiquitous late-night ads for a "natural ... advertise a TV scam for years, ...
    (misc.news.internet.discuss)
  • Re: Open Office problems
    ... result properly it's either a Scam or Google are wrong for putting in ads - ... gosh I wonder if we can all sue newspapers for doing those ad things... ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Sorry to all
    ... YOU who posted that ILLEGAL scam. ... Making Money with Paypal - Absolutely Legit By Paypal ... The reason you're seeing other ads for it, ... And if it is banned by gmails policies then why is there at least ...
    (alt.marketing.online.ebay)