Re: [OT] Stargate SG-1 - "Ex Deus Machina"
- From: Alex Peckover <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 13:26:31 +0100
On 2005-09-05, Alex Peckover <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Episode aired on Sci-Fi on Friday 26th of August, 2005. This episode has not been aired in the UK and therefore discussion of it must be preceeded by spoiler space.
"Prometheus" who also appeared in "Covenant" last season) was a nice touch.
I thought so too :)
She's like the SGC's official propaganda person.
I can't get used to Cliff Simon/Baal speaking without the Goa'uld voice. It's not his South African accent, though.
It's very odd. It's not very dominant which I would have expected.
It's a testament to him, however, that Baal is probably Stargate's most popular villain amongst the fans. It doesn't hurt that RDA used to play off him so well. Anubis was so cheesy.
* Amanda Tapping looks HOT. <3
For some reason, she spent a lot of time either standing behind tables or wearing the "public" uniform.
Yeah wonder why :P
She's probably still working off the extra pounds. :-P
* Is Samantha with Jack now? She hinted at it. Would be nice to find out. Maybe a StarGate wedding sometime?
I strongly doubt it. Jack is a General, she is a Lt. Colonel. The problem still remains.
But he's not her commanding officer. Well, maybe he is in her chain of command if she's back at SG-1. Who knows, maybe they're "over looking" it before of past gratefulness.
He still outranks her, and he *is* her commanding officer. Jack is in charge of the Department of Homeworld Security. That means the SGC, the American involvement in Atlantis and the Ancient Outpost in Antarctica, the Prometheus, the Daedalus and the Daedalus-class ships under construction, the F-302s, the Alpha Site, Stargate related research at Area 51 etc etc etc. There's nowhere Stargate-related she can go where she isn't under his command.
>>He's obviously a good guy and one of many potential boyfriends for
Carter, who has surprisingly survived the Curse of the Black Widow so far.
Carter's (potential) boyfriends used to have tendancy to die prematurely or disappear. There was:
* Martouf the Tok'ra - Dead.
* Narim the Tollan - Presumed dead.
* Ambassador Joe Faxim - Presumed dead (although Brad Wright says that if he ever gets his planned third part of the Aschen story written, Joe will still be alive)
* Orlin the Ancient - Apparently reascended.
* Jack - Never. Going. To. Happen. * Pete Shanahan - Dumped. * Malcolm Barrett - Never went anywhere, despite his fishing here.
The Sam and Jack thing is a non-starter. Amanda Tapping has always said that she wants to play Samantha Carter, not Jack O'Neill's girlfriend.
I doubt Baal, even in his weakened position, would have trouble procuring symbiotes.
You're probably right. I'm sure he probably has access to a Queen at some point.
He may even have Jaffa who are still loyal to him. Not everyone is immediately going to forget a lifetime of believing that the Goa'uld are Gods.
It is unclear what happened to the rest of Baal and Anubis' Kull warriors. Breeding new ones would require symbiotes, too.
- Prev by Date: Re: [OT] VHS is Now Dead, Officially
- Next by Date: Re: [OT] The West Wing on More4 and no Nip/Tuck on 4.
- Previous by thread: Re: [OT] Stargate SG-1 - "Ex Deus Machina"
- Next by thread: Re: [OT] Stargate SG-1 - "Ex Deus Machina"