Re: rotating toaster

On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 18:15:26 GMT, Bob Shoggoth <giant.squid@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote the following to uk.media.tv.misc:

"Krustov" <me@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Nowt to do with php i'm afraid :-(

The standard pop up toaster .

Its been the same design for about 40 years or summit & while it does
the job the fact is it could be better as some parts of the white bread
are indeed toasted - but some parts of the bread remain white .

What if somebody was to invent a rotating toaster that would rotate the
bread like a ferris wheel during the toasting process .

Does it stand to reason the end resuld would be toast that was evenly
toasted all over with no white bits .

Too much to go wrong for household us, i think....there is a catering
toaster which doe something similar (as seen on dinnerladies)

Also used in some hotels. It's either that or have a waitress bring a toast
rack full of *cold* toast over to the table. An older design (plugged into
the light fitting) is at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Light_fitting_plug_with_toaster.jpg

Personally I work round the problem of toast sticking out the top of the
toaster by turning the bread sideways.

Another question .....

Would you like to see a tv show about design that would examine normal
everyday household products to see if they could be easily enhanced
and/or improved ? .

Not really. I'd like Tomorrows World back, though.

How about a programme to demonstrate how to program a toaster in PHP?
Instructions on how to write a windows driver for one at
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/driver/foundation/toastersamp.mspx

mh.
--
http://www.nukesoft.co.uk
http://personal.nukesoft.co.uk

From address is a blackhole. Reply-to address is valid.

  • Re: RC Transmission Lines (Wafer-Scale)
    ... per design, running in about 32 gig of memory. ... My microprocessor-controlled toaster has buttons for toasting bagels and frozen bread, which usually more or less work if it starts out cold, but I never used to worry about my mechanical toaster crashing and having to be rebooted. ... That's one reason that I've been working on high performance, low power optical interconnections: in a highly multiprocessor world, bandwidth needs to grow at least as the square of the number of processor cores if you're going to keep tight coupling between cores. ... It's the software fads that will keep CPU demand going...it's amazing how many computrons you can soak up by using the revolutionary interpreted language-du-jour. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: rotating toaster
    ... The standard pop up toaster. ... Its been the same design for about 40 years or summit & while it does ... are indeed toasted - but some parts of the bread remain white. ... functioning, slice shaped toaster element, equidistant from the bread at ...
    (uk.media.tv.misc)
  • Re: OT: Inflation in the US
    ... I repaired our toaster last weekend. ... I make enough that repairing a stupid ... The university I went to did teach design, ... No cookie cutters, at least in the upper-division classes. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: OT: Inflation in the US
    ... I repaired our toaster last weekend. ... I make enough that repairing a stupid toaster that was never intended to be repaired isn't on my things to do list. ... The university I went to did teach design, ... It was certainly possible to "get around" labs and do mostly theory too but if you wanted a good practical education it was there. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: OT: rotating toaster
    ... The standard pop up toaster. ... Its been the same design for about 40 years or summit & while it does ... are indeed toasted - but some parts of the bread remain white. ... but I doubt if anybody has their toast experience ...
    (uk.media.tv.misc)