Re: Umra book club

On 24.09.2010 21:09, chris mcmillan wrote:
In message <kmrp969tgjhrrthq4h8f99qhv9stm4q4pf@xxxxxxx>, Jo Lonergan
<jolonergan@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes
On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 20:01:44 +0200, RalphB
<news.eternal-september.org.01@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 24.09.2010 19:09, Siderius Nuncius wrote:
I am sure that manyrats are already admirers of Oliver Sacks. You
may like
to know that his new one, The Mind's Eye, is well up to standard and
really
fascinating about the visual system, how our brains construct images
and how
it affects us when things go wrong. There's a fuller review here if
you're
interested (although since I posted it this morning one kind soul has
already said it's unhelpful<sigh>).

Maybe the kind soul marked your review as unhelpful as the book appears
to be available for pre-order only. Maybe you should have included an
explanation of how you came by your edition ... ?

Though it's clear enough if you read his review that Sid has read the
book.
Anyway, I found it helpful :-)

I love Sacks' books.

Island of the Colorblind was the first I read. And the other short book
that goes with it was even more amazing.

Then I assume you've seen/remember this:
- http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=FC7EC9FB52ABC66B&playnext=1&v=CM06G26X-rQ

  • Re: Umra book club
    ... to know that his new one, The Mind's Eye, is well up to standard and really ... fascinating about the visual system, how our brains construct images and how ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: Umra book club
    ... to know that his new one, The Mind's Eye, is well up to standard and really ... fascinating about the visual system, how our brains construct images and how ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: URGENT: shingles/herpes(?) infection getting in/around eyes
    ... > You need to see an eye doctor fast. ... Standard therapy is Viroptic 5X/day. ... VIRUS (SHINGLES), ... VALTREX), SINCE IS NOT TOXIC TO THE EPITHELIUM, SO IT HEALS FASTER. ...
    (sci.med.vision)
  • Re: Putting a small light behind a DLP set? Buying a special light? (was "DLP Questions")
    ... some folks when watching in a dark environment. ... I saw a website where some guy was selling a special lamp that's ... the human eye. ... turn off all the lights in the room is change the TV from "Standard" ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: Siemans 810T
    ... Standard? ... well that's in the eye of the beholder. ... good machines for small part turning. ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)