Re: Minarets

Sebastian Lisken <Sebastian.Lisken@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

BobE <bobembleton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The whole exercise has a stamp of extreme right-wing attitudes.
I hope it is suppressed by the majority of sensible Swiss voters.

That's just the shocking bit, the initiative was passed today!
Anne lives in one of the few cantons that rejected it, but that
doesn't help things, as there was an overall majority of 57.5%
and the aforementioned majority of cantons going for it.

If you are going to go around preaching that people should be put to
death for refusing to accept that the sun goes round the earth, maybe
you shouldn't be too surprised if from time to time people forget to be
tolerant to you.
--
Online waterways route planner: http://canalplan.org.uk
development version: http://canalplan.eu

  • Re: Minarets
    ... I hope it is suppressed by the majority of sensible Swiss voters. ... and the aforementioned majority of cantons going for it. ... There are indeed those who go around advocating that people be put to death ... any of my favourite curry houses advocating such things. ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: The swiss sovereign decides: No mohammedan calltowers in Switzerland
    ... jake wrote: ... 'Ständemehr' = majority of the cantons ... The one's already in Switzerland will not be demolished so I ...
    (uk.politics.misc)
  • Re: Minarets
    ... I hope it is suppressed by the majority of sensible Swiss voters. ... That's just the shocking bit, ... and the aforementioned majority of cantons going for it. ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: Minarets
    ... I hope it is suppressed by the majority of sensible Swiss voters. ... That's just the shocking bit, ... Anne lives in one of the few cantons that rejected it, ... and the aforementioned majority of cantons going for it. ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: rock racing drama
    ... It's even more shocking that it ... appears that the majority of posters here agree with that! ... Fabrizio Mazzoleni wrote: ...
    (rec.bicycles.racing)