Re: Ask EU: -crossword doers!

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 15:56:50 +0000, JDJunkie wrote
(in article <Z9adnXdVeYAmWp_WnZ2dnUVZ8qpi4p2d@xxxxxxxxxxxx>):

foamie wrote:
On 17 Nov, 13:51, JDJunkie <liz__jorda...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Not good at cryptic clues. Can anyone help with these? Answers are all
fruit or veg.

The song says it is grown in Louisiana (5,5)

water melon, possibly

http://lyricsplayground.com/alpha/songs/w/wheezyanna.shtml

Mad about the bosum (8)

Forgive me, but are you sure that's the spelling?

FC

Sorry, you must have ntticed that just about the time I did. Our posts
crossed. Yep, should be Mad about the bosom? (8)

Could it be chestnut?

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK

  • Re: Ask EU: -crossword doers!
    ... fruit or veg. ... water melon, possibly ... but are you sure that's the spelling? ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: -- Dear MacDonalds Restaurant of Sale
    ... Plants need good soil, water and nutrients, animals need proper diet ... The compost heap is filled with microscopic ... I eat lots of fruit and veg for other reasons ...
    (misc.health.alternative)
  • Re: vOT: An apple a day ...
    ... This is very OT I know but I'm aware many here are 'into' food, ... Frozen veg. ... buy fruit it's a bit hard / green so not ready to eat. ... Hmm, I don't mind cooking, especially for the family (us I mean, not ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: A handy tip
    ... likely to have TVs in their room, more likely to eat less fruit and veg ... You've got to do these stupid experiments that find findings ...
    (uk.rec.sheds)
  • Re: Pdocs and weight gain (OT)
    ... Fruit and veg harvested a couple of days ago and sold at a local farmers' market after being displayed in the sun all day might be inferior to fruit and veg picked in Kenya and sold a fortnight or so later after being treated with gases to delay deterioration during transit. ... (Purple carrots are more nutritious than orange, but an attempt to introduce purple carrots failed.) ... I use the squeeze test when buying loose items ie I squeeze tomatoes before I buy to make sure they're still firm. ...
    (uk.people.support.depression)