Re: OT - Queen of Sheba

Siderius Nuncius wrote:
I heard a version of Handel's 'Arrival of the Queen of Sheba' today which really made me smile. I thought it would appeal to a lot of umrats. Available on iPlayer here:
<http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00np1xs/Radio_3_Requests_Chichi_Nwanoku/>

(Starts about a minute in and worth 3 minutes of anyone's time, I reckon.)

I heard it on my way to sing in a choral Remembrance Day service and it brought a smile to my face. I would encourage people to listen onwards through the programme to the Rachmaninov Vespers which are just astonishing, and which contain a rare bottom Bb for us low folk.

--
David
.