Re: upscaling dvd players are they worth it??

"ady2007©" <adrian.jefferybad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
just bought a toshiba 37wlt68 and was thinking of getting a upscaling dvd
player to go with it ..i have a pioneer 717 at the minute and was thinking
it was time for a upgrade but do they put out any better picture than my
old trusty 717?

Oooh, you bought a 68 model. Whats the clever black frame insertion like?
Does it cure the motion blur? Does it flicker?

thanks
ady

  • Re: upscaling dvd players are they worth it??
    ... player to go with it ..i have a pioneer 717 at the minute and was thinking ... it was time for a upgrade but do they put out any better picture than my ... your tv upscales already - maybe the dvd player will be a bit better, ... component etc - that's where a picture quality gain ...
    (uk.media.dvd)
  • Re: upscaling dvd players are they worth it??
    ... player to go with it ..i have a pioneer 717 at the minute and was thinking ... it was time for a upgrade but do they put out any better picture than my ... The reports I've read indicate that the quality of HDMI upconversion varies ... wildly from one model of DVD player to another. ...
    (uk.media.dvd)
  • RDS capable stereos
    ... I'm looking to upgrade my ... existing pioneer cd player and since I've recently learned of RDS I was ... with pioneer but I emailed them and they said none of their models will have ... RDS, so I'm stuck with getting something else. ...
    (rec.audio.car)
  • Re: Universal Karajan DG 1960s box - masters used?
    ... to demand that I upgrade my system? ... speakers, which I purchased new back in 1993 for under $2000. ... My Panasonic BD player is also plugged into this system. ... surround speakers are hardwired to my receiver as well. ...
    (rec.music.classical.recordings)
  • Re: OT: Laserdisc player
    ... repaired my Pioneer DV-09 dvd player. ... BluRay that you would bother to want to fix your laserdisc player.. ... I have a Pioneer from around 1993 that you could have for cheap if you ... Lair used a specific Laserdisc player, not the one that he sent out ...
    (rec.games.pinball)