Who ate all the Pies?

Not me, and probably not you. Just got back from Whitby. One of my
favourite places on the East Coast.

Before we left we had lunch. We had pies, mash peas gravy and tea.
Prober comfort food. Filling and nourishing, the sort of meal you
have little sit down after.

If you like posh grub on polished slate served in a tarts boudoir,
this is not for you.

If you like good plain tasty food go to Humble Pie And Mash,
details on their website, http://www.humblepienmash.com/home/

I recommend the black pudding and sausage, but the Steak and leek
pie is good too.

All served up in a tiny homely cafe by real people.

Magic.

--
Mike the Mundane
Less is More. More or less.

  • Re: Lunch, June 18, 2009
    ... The restaurant is really a dive by all appearances, ... Back in the day the family that ran the customs office ... It was an excellent lunch! ... That is so darned refreshing--Shepherd's Pie made with lamb! ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: OT: So who went shopping today?
    ... (And certainly not after the Pie Committee's marathon session ... But here's where I expect to be for lunch in a few hours: ... eating at a place which uses animal parts for decoration. ...
    (alt.fan.letterman)
  • Re: OT: So who went shopping today?
    ... (And certainly not after the Pie Committee's marathon session ... But here's where I expect to be for lunch in a few hours: ... animal is steak." ...
    (alt.fan.letterman)
  • Re: Ride Report - Austin/Dallas Netscum
    ... Bluffalobob wrote: ... No lunch for him, just ... It's definitely some good pie. ...
    (rec.motorcycles.harley)