Extra Bank Holiday - For remembering those who sacrificed their lives for our freedom

Number 10 Downing Street has approved a petition that was launched
requesting a new public holiday falling on the Monday after Remembrance
Sunday in November each year. To be known as the National Remembrance
Holiday, it's got three aims:

1. To emphasise the remembrance of those servicemen & women who have given,
& continue to give, their lives for Britain

2. To remind people of the importance of protecting our Nation & what it
stands for;

3. To break that 3 month period between the August Public Holiday &
Christmas when there are currently no long weekends, especially as the UK
has fewer public holidays than most European Countries.

If you agree to the idea, please sign up to the petition - it doesn't take
long & it would be great if you were to forward the link to other people as
well. If you are not interested, just hit the delete key. This is not just
about another bank holiday, but more importantly about having a designated
day to remember all those people that sacrificed their lives for our
freedom.

THIS IS A NOTABLE PETITION THAT THE GOVERNMENT HAVE ASKED FOR PLEASE SIGN IF
YOU WANT AN EXTRA BANK HOLIDAY .

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/remembermonday/

Pass it on?!