Education?

Our kids don't need it apparently. Not according to Andy "false eye lashes" Burnham, Minister for Wasting our Money on Stupid Ideas. They need 5 hours of "culture". Do these people live in the real world? There is no point in teaching kids culture when they can't understand modern English let alone English Literature. And some poster mentioned it the other day and I saw it on Newsnight, something called "Emotional IQ" is being taught in schools. What the heck is that? We've got 1 billion+ Chinese working their nuts off 24 hours a day, desperate to learn maths and science, and what do we do to compete? Teach our kids Emotional IQ and Culture. There just has to be a fifth column at work in Whitehall plotting our downfall. There is no other rational explanation.

.