Education?

Our kids don't need it apparently. Not according to Andy "false eye lashes" Burnham, Minister for Wasting our Money on Stupid Ideas. They need 5 hours of "culture". Do these people live in the real world? There is no point in teaching kids culture when they can't understand modern English let alone English Literature. And some poster mentioned it the other day and I saw it on Newsnight, something called "Emotional IQ" is being taught in schools. What the heck is that? We've got 1 billion+ Chinese working their nuts off 24 hours a day, desperate to learn maths and science, and what do we do to compete? Teach our kids Emotional IQ and Culture. There just has to be a fifth column at work in Whitehall plotting our downfall. There is no other rational explanation.

  • why did the gook kill at V tech? pt 2
    ... this varies from family to family, culture ... among blacks, dog fights are all the rage. ... and gook boy was pitiless. ... suppose other kids ...
    (soc.culture.korean)
  • Re: The Snot Report....continued/new....
    ... 'desperate to start a family,' says a friend, but after the failure of her ... Regarding the issue of having kids but not having a husband (or the ... In a culture the markers are long established, ... Our kiddies wander aimlessly now for the most part.... ...
    (sci.research.careers)
  • This Is Obama Care (Long Read)
    ... said he couldn’t imagine Americans marching off to their deaths, ... Kids who grew up ... But humans are the most successful species ... It is their culture that determines what is in their hearts. ...
    (alt.politics)
  • effect of globalization: Indian Subcontinent
    ... kids are so 'fast' these days". ... Those who embrace tradition and culture, they blame all these on the ... Modern media play a ... into the Indian subcontinent and into daily lives of those who can ...
    (soc.culture.bangladesh)
  • Re: Scientific assumptions
    ... cultural knowledge -- so if you test someone of a different culture then ... Inner-City kids from poor backgrounds and black kids of the same ... results vary with race. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)