Re: Very quiet in here.

a l l y wrote:

You're wrong, you know. The first time I remember trying rose wine was in a
little backstreet bar in Paris, presided over by an ancient old woman who'd
been in the Resistance during the war. Curious place it was, with a counter,
loads of bottles of wine, a few glasses, and herself. I seem to remember
being offered various wines as the afternoon wore on - she kept suggesting
we try this one or that one - but she was very keen on this particular rose,
which was actually quite a serious wine.

We'd only popped in to kill time while we waited for our washing at the
nearby launderette, too!

ally

Obviously I hadn't taken into account your days on la Rue Saint-Denis,
but can well believe that this particular drink was a popular one with
the girls.

Surprised regards,

Lou.

  • Re: Cheney urging strikes on Iran
    ... shell the crowd to give them a feeling for "real" war. ... Out-of-towners are bringing in salmon. ... recommending Pinot Noir with salmon. ... But I'm primarily a red wine ...
    (sci.military.naval)
  • Re: Cut And Run
    ... feeble pleadings to the Iraqi government to get with it as pretty ... wine, and they are confusing that with blood. ... Iraqi war and the failed Bush administration in general. ... It could be the lesson that the insurgency has also learned, that if they can simply inflict enough pain long enough, the Americans will leave. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Stayin Alive
    ... The ancient Mediterranean world added wine to water to ... > I don't see how half strength wine could kill giardia. ... Since ancient times, in countries like Israel, Rome and ...
    (misc.rural)
  • Re: Herbal wine, just the thing for ailing pharoahs
    ... Herbal wine, just the thing for ailing pharoahs ... ancient times, also being reported in ancient China, and ... Other chemicals indicate the possible ... Ancient Egyptian herbal wines ...
    (sci.archaeology)
  • Re: War - Low Rider
    ... Burton & War, "Spill the Wine"? ... (Eric BurTon is a guitar player;) ...
    (alt.guitar.amps)