Advice Needed On Unknown Medication

In 1975 i spent 3 months in kirklevington detention centre near yarm and for the first two weeks me and a few other selected lads had to take orange tablets and when i asked what they were for a member of staff said it were for me to get use to the food then in the second week i had to have bloods taken and swabs done in my throat and nose?
What i want to no is how can i find out or who do i get in touch with to find out what it were all about and i'm sure i were been used as a Guinea pig? cheers
.