Re: Gobbledegook



On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 09:54:28 -0000, "Lieutenant Scott" <no@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 21:41:43 -0000, Alex Heney <me8@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 00:45:20 -0000, "Lieutenant Scott" <no@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 00:44:16 -0000, Alex Heney <me8@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 01:03:03 -0000, "Lieutenant Scott" <no@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On Fri, 04 Nov 2011 22:07:47 -0000, Alex Heney <me8@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:



Given your response previously to Big Les Wade, I suspect that these
are actually mainly posts which Opera is unwrapping for you, for some
reason.

Most people see those posts with the same wrapping that was originally
put in.

I checked their headers. They are using format flowed, which is non-wrapping at 72.

It wraps in most clients.

Yours don't.

Stop blaming my end for your own program's decision.

I wouldn't dream of doing so.,, which means it would be impossible for
me to stop.

You're saying you're not blaming my end? So it's your fault then?

Whatever you are talking about, the answer is NO.

You really do need to learn to read.


Do you think I'm controlling your computer remotely and forcing it not to wrap? For goodness sake.

Of course not.

But you are posting in a format which means that when replying, the
quoted text does not wrap properly..

There is no reason that your end can't wrap my text, your program is just getting in a huff.

Please learn to read.

If you *can* read (and remember a little), then please stop lying.



That is the fault of *your* posting for not following the standards
which news clients expect..

Almost everybody else's posting do wrap properly when responding,
including all of those posted with format-flowed.

I've asked this twenty times, and I'll ask again. Tell me exactly what is incorrect about the formatting and I will pass it on to the programmers (I'm doing alpha testing and have contacts).


I don't actually know exactly what is wrong.

All I know is that everybody else's posts (including those posting
with "format-flowed") still wrap correctly when responding, while
yours don't.


Huh?

How on *earth* do you get any meaning of me not understanding why
people are complaining from that?

It was in response to you saying "I don't know of anybody who can't read your text "just fine"."

Saying what it was in response to still gives no idea of how you came
up with that. I knew perfectly well what you were responding to.

There is nothing I have posted which I believe could cause any
rational person to come up with the idea that I might not understand
why people are complaining.

In one instance you say "Mine does indeed handle them OK, although yours still look very odd, particularly when I am replying, when the message uses the whole screen width."

In another instance you say "I don't know of anybody who can't read your text "just fine"".

Just repeating what I said does not give any idea how your twisted
logic came up with that.

Can you handle my text ok or not?

As I have said on numerous occasions, my client handles your text just
fine when reading the posts.

I don't think that is true of *all* clients.

When *responding*, your text is not wrapped , while everybody else's
is. I don't know how many clients that is true of, but suspect it is
most of them.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Laughter: The shortest distance between two people.
To reply by email, my address is alexATheneyDOTplusDOTcom
.



Relevant Pages

  • Re: failover internet line
    ... This might be useful to some of my clients... ... Rumor has it that they will not be releasing a version of their product for ... When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: AFTERNOON SENSITIVITY
    ... I'd bet that Ngo is identical to "them". ... a kind of duty to point out that his posts are little more than ignorant ... wasting my time by responding, but I view it in a somewhat similar vein ... It's not the "filthy rich" who at bottom of this debacle, it's the plain old, garden variety politician who's responsible. ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: Treasongate
    ... And there was a time when Joxer I mean Ray thought ... So much for the threat. ... >>>cells, constantly responding to him, with words ... >> doesn't mean that I consider cooking posts intrinsically ...
    (misc.writing)
  • Re: Why Plonk?
    ... I plonk judicially simply because I need the electronic ... read all the good posts I want as it is, so if I don't use the help of ... bernie wrote: ... person and not responding is one of the most empowereing ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: Terminology? Object structure definition, not a class?
    ... it is very confusing for you... ... In v instanceof f   ... And I'm not really responding well to your neurotic method of asking ... about a hundred posts. ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)