Re: Taxing a car online.

Alasdair (Alasdair <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying:

I think that the idea of having to display is to counter buying two
identical cars, and putting the same reg plate on both...

I think the reasons are purely historical. If I wanted to buy two
identical cars, and put the same reg plate on both, I'd merely report
one of the discs lost or stolen and get a duplicate from DVLA.

The replacement says "Duplicate" on it. The original (the one that was
"stolen") doesn't...

  • Re: Taxing a car online.
    ... identical cars, and putting the same reg plate on both... ... The replacement says "Duplicate" on it. ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Taxing a car online.
    ... identical cars, and putting the same reg plate on both... ... I think the reasons are purely historical. ... one of the discs lost or stolen and get a duplicate from DVLA. ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Taxing a car online.
    ... Adrian wrote: ... like they were saying: ... identical cars, and putting the same reg plate on both... ...
    (uk.legal)