Re: Blue Badge (CB1) question

In article <f870ck$se$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, peter king <peter.king@xxxxxx>
writes
When applying for a blue badge (CB1) for a car one of the questions asks
about walking distance. Something like how far can you walk without
help, difficulty or pain etc. What is the maximum distance in yards to
qualify for a blue badge if the only disability is with walking (severe
pain due to worn hip joints and disks in the back).

I usually put zero, peg leg, any walking is at best uncomfortable at
worst agony. They can be a bit sniffy about permanence though.

Mike

Yorkshire Halvard Lange

  • Re: Blue Badge (CB1) question
    ... about walking distance. ... qualify for a blue badge if the only disability is with walking (severe ... pain due to worn hip joints and disks in the back). ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Blue Badge (CB1) question
    ... about walking distance. ... difficulty or pain etc. ... Severe pain from worn hip joints being less life-reducing than severe pain from a heart attack due to lack of exercise.. ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Spinal stenosis
    ... With this treatment for stenosis, ... cart instead of walking upright; ... I do all of the above suggested modifications substituting a real bike ... so he or she can do more activity with less pain. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Frustration
    ... the sensation of pain... ... > but at the same time, my exercise levels have dropped since college. ... > just 2 days of that I started hurting all over to the extent that ... > walking at all hurts let alone walking for a couple miles. ...
    (alt.med.fibromyalgia)
  • Re: Second personal trainer session
    ... Identical issues walking and riding is not an obvious outcome to me because a person can walk normally without doing anything to change their body but you have do change your body a million ways to ride correctly. ... one exercise produced a pain in one area of my lower back on one side that I get occasionally. ... But in the session, it suddenly occurred to me that the pain was familiar from a long time ago... ...
    (rec.equestrian)