Re: Small Claims Court - Why Defend?

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 18:22:14 +1300, Peter <peterwn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Derek Potter wrote:

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 00:36:31 -0000, "Fred Finisterre"
<finisterre@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I issued proceedings against a letting agent who didn't give me the
deposit on a property he let for me, after the tenant left owing 3 months
rent.

Today I had a letter saying "The defendant responded to the claim
indicating an intention to defend all of the claim."

It is quite normal to respond that way in response to a claim, even if the
their defence is groundless.

For a horrible moment I thought your post, starting as it does "Derek
Potter wrote" might be an answer to something I said.

  • Re: Small Claims Court - Why Defend?
    ... I issued proceedings against a letting agent who didn't give me the deposit ... on a property he let for me, after the tenant left owing 3 months rent. ... why on earth would he "defend all of the claim"? ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Small Claims Court - Why Defend?
    ... Derek Potter wrote: ... I issued proceedings against a letting agent who didn't give me the ... deposit on a property he let for me, after the tenant left owing 3 months ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Landlord says flat is not clean enough Racket
    ... to charge and take some of the original deposit money because they ... access to the flat. ... suggest the tenant takes photos and also threatens to issue ...