Re: Small Claims Court - Why Defend?

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 18:22:14 +1300, Peter <peterwn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Derek Potter wrote:

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 00:36:31 -0000, "Fred Finisterre"
<finisterre@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I issued proceedings against a letting agent who didn't give me the
deposit on a property he let for me, after the tenant left owing 3 months
rent.

Today I had a letter saying "The defendant responded to the claim
indicating an intention to defend all of the claim."

It is quite normal to respond that way in response to a claim, even if the
their defence is groundless.

For a horrible moment I thought your post, starting as it does "Derek
Potter wrote" might be an answer to something I said.
.