how do you detune a TV?

Silly question I'm sure but how do you detune a TV? Do you need to
totally make it impossible to get broadcast channels )ie remove the
tuning mechanism) or do you just need to manually tune to TV into no
programmes - I took the aerial out and ran the automatic tuning
programme hoping that I wouln't then get anything but the old staions
popped up bright as before.
What should I do?
cheers
Brendan

  • Re: how do you detune a TV?
    ... >tuning mechanism) or do you just need to manually tune to TV into no ... >programmes - I took the aerial out and ran the automatic tuning ... Buy a proper Belling Lee TV aerial plug. ... ball of aluminium foil araldite the screw cap on and araldite it into ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: umra Book Club: Gavin Lyall
    ... do is bring back the 1227 slot that repeated the 1830 programmes, ... the archives thus cutting Y&Y down to a more reasonable size." ... That's how I accidentally started listening to TA, because I was tuning in a bit early for Women's Hour. ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: Playing in tune on the guitar
    ... I use the intellitouch tuner now and find it good, ... detune g so I can play open E, and open G without going crazy. ... you see tommy emmanuel play he is forever tweeking his tuning. ... those tempered necks look like they'd be uncomfortable. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: how do you detune a TV?
    ... >> Silly question I'm sure but how do you detune a TV? ... >> totally make it impossible to get broadcast channels)ie remove the ... >> tuning mechanism) or do you just need to manually tune to TV into no ... >> programmes - I took the aerial out and ran the automatic tuning ...
    (uk.legal)