Re: how important is lipzeig games convention?
- From: "[ste parker]" <imaginey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 10:18:54 +0100
Chris Whitworth wrote:
On 2008-07-19, Beck <beck@none> wrote:I was thinking about this years E3 coverage and noted that this year we only got one demo for download on xbox live, whereas last year there were a handful or more. Last years was quite exciting but somehow this year seems to have died a death.
There's no "somehow" about it, really. They made a concious effort to turn E3
into a "trade" show - the press/public aspect of things was getting way out
of hand and the ridiculous pressure on publishers and devs to show THE BEST
THING IN THE WORLD EVER at E3 every year was raising expectations beyond all
realms of sanity.
This is why I don't understand. Even when people /know/ that's the case, why was there still such general woe on teh interweb about the death of gaming due to an unremarkable E3?
- Prev by Date: Re: PWB 21/7
- Next by Date: Re: Tuesday Top 5: Games on the NES: RESULTS
- Previous by thread: Re: how important is lipzeig games convention?
- Next by thread: Re: how important is lipzeig games convention?