Re: not very retro PWB

Toby Newman wrote:
On 2007-06-25, DBSnappa <davidjREMOVEMEboughton@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Toby Newman wrote:
On 2007-06-25, DBSnappa <davidjREMOVEMEboughton@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[ste parker] wrote:
Play
----

Beyond Good & Evil (Xbox)
Started a new game of this, as my last save was on my chipped xbox which I gave to a neighbour. Haven't played it for ages and it still feels lovely. May persevere beyond the level I got to last time.
Just lent this to a friend (on 'cube) and I miss it already. Not that I
was playing it, but I liked having it in my cupboard. There's something
about unfinished series which captures the heart... This, Shenmue,
Duke...
It's one of those games that plays havoc with the aspect ratios on my LCD - something that only seems to effect certain games on the xbox even though it's set to widescreen it defaulted to some weird 4:3 box with borders all round the window. Anyway, it's a game I never finished (one of many for the original xbox) and I remember getting to the part where tou have to get to the moon and getting stuck - so I might have a fair old crack at this this week and see if I can get further through it - it is quite lovely, even if the camera is a bit irksome.

Not far from the end, either. You could probably finish this and Doom 3
in the same session!

Not for BG&E I won't as the save I have where I'm looking for the rocket is on my old xbox which I gave to a neighbour's son. This is a new game and I'm only just about to leave the pedestrian district to go to the Nutripils factory. I know it's not the longest game in the world, but I suspect I don't have the stamina to get to the end in one session ;)

  • Re: New Xeon CPUs (Paxil) = Underpowered
    ... > The problem, as usual, is comparing game system performance to PC ... both the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation ... > The Xbox 360's Xenon CPU features more general purpose cores than the ... > findings - the two consoles, ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: New Xeon CPUs (Paxil) = Underpowered
    ... The problem, as usual, is comparing game system performance to PC ... Halo runs perfectly fine on a 733 mhz Xbox processor with, ... The Xbox 360's Xenon CPU features more general purpose cores than the ... findings - the two consoles, ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: 10 Reasons why PS3 is Superior to Xbox
    ... Counter-strike is the most played online FPS game, ... Show me where you can find a statistic that says that Counter-strike ... statistics for Halo on both the Xbox and PC and Halo 2 on both the ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: "OUR VISUAL BAR IS BASED ON THE 360." Steven Polge regarding UT3
    ... Xbox Live multiplayer mode and furthermore b) played it more than the ... Most people who bought Halo 2 did NOT play the online multiplayer mode ... statistics on how much the offline, untrackable modes of a game like ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • Its Official: MSFT Developing a Handheld
    ... Microsoft's Plans For Handheld Game Player And "iPod Killer" ... out in May under the title "The Xbox 360 Uncloaked: ... The Microsoft product would compete with Sony, ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)