Re: Last Play, Want, Bin Before Christmas
- From: Russell Marks <russell.marks@spam^H^H^H^Hntlworld.com>
- Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 12:35:10 GMT
The Rev <the_rev_yes_really@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Russell Marks wrote:
> > "Gunther Gloop" <me@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> On the whole, I thought GTA:SA was possibly the all-round finest
> >> gaming experience I've had in many, many _years_.
> > In which case you need to play more games. :-) It was fairly good
> > overall, but I think as a game it was rather lacking.
> Well, I really don't need to play more games and I think it's one of
> the greatest games of all time. Number three, maybe.
> Missions were a bit crap, though.
You see, that's the problem I have with it, which is what I'd say
makes it lacking as a game. It's still good, and the scale of the map
is great, but it has that slight Spider-Man-2-ness to it because of
the crappy missions it has at times. And the implementation of
territories/gang-wars was just awful - i.e. they're like rampages in
the other games, but there are twice as many, you get constantly
nagged about them, and you have to buy your own ammo. Ugh.
Also, you seeing GTA:SA as a classic (despite the flaws) when you
won't give Shenmue 2 a chance = amazingness factor 248. :-)
- Prev by Date: Re: Last Play, Want, Bin Before Christmas
- Next by Date: Re: OT: Manga comics
- Previous by thread: Re: Last Play, Want, Bin Before Christmas
- Next by thread: Re: Last Play, Want, Bin Before Christmas