Re: HMRC not yet processed my tax repayment form sent to them in June
- From: MM <kylix_is@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 14:21:06 +0000
On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 06:15:57 -0800 (PST), PeterSaxton
On 20 Nov, 09:50, Allan Gould <inva...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I sent in my tax repayment claim form on 4th June. A week later HMRC
sent me a request for further details and original documents, which I
sent them. Since then I have telephoned at least four times and
written another letter. Each time I phone, they tell me they have a
huge backlog and to wait another couple of weeks. The last time was in
late October/early November.
You're not alone. I am administering a reclaim covering 3 tax years for
a friend who worked in the UK for approximately 18 months and then went
back to France. My first lesson (although expensive) was to send
everything via Special Delivery, otherwise it can disappear into a
vacuum. (There's a fair amount of money involved, so relatively the cost
of Special Delivery is small)
The second lesson is that (AIUI) HMRC do not acknowledge forms that are
sent to them, but they have to reply to a letter within 28 days.
Therefore, send a letter.
Thirdly, it seems that every reclaim form submitted is met with a
request to fill another form in.
They are incompetent buffoons.
Indeed. The chairman, Paul Gray, has just resigned, following the
revelation that up to 15 million child benefit records have gone
- Prev by Date: Re: HMRC not yet processed my tax repayment form sent to them in June
- Next by Date: The easy way to save money and get organised - allfiled
- Previous by thread: Re: HMRC not yet processed my tax repayment form sent to them in June
- Next by thread: Re: HMRC not yet processed my tax repayment form sent to them in June