Re: Payment Sent to Wrong Account

In message <5gkjlgF3e9698U1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Nick <Spam@xxxxxxxx> writes
But the OP doesn't seem to mind the bank being out of pocket because presumably now his salary has been eaten up by an overdraft. As far as I can see he has been paid into an account in his name. The word ''tough'' springs to mind.

But the money hasn't be paid to the OP

Yes it has. Eric is right. The money has been paid to an account in the OPs name and by doing so it has reduced his liabilities so he is better off.
so I really don't understand your point.

I am surprised that the bank will not reverse a mistaken transfer.

??? Why on earth should they? It was sent to the account which the remitter intended (at the time). On what authority should the bank refund the dosh.
--
John Boyle

  • Re: Any hope of making paypal cough up...
    ... Paid the £12.98p it came to instantly with paypal, ... my bank account to cover it. ... money in my account to make this payment and that they are charging me ... to do with BACS and how money is taken from your debit card. ...
    (uk.people.consumers.ebay)
  • Re: yeah Social Security is a great deal
    ... legally owe you not one red cent of the amount you paid in. ... spent by the rest of the government. ... If you put $10 into a savings account, ... same money and stuffing it under a mattress for 40 years. ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: Fedex cup: Where did the money come from?
    ... Prizes for FEC are paid out in deferred annuities, ... This money will be deposited into the winning ... million into Tiger's account, 3 million into Stricker's account, etc. ... cannot be withdrawn from the plan until age 45. ...
    (rec.sport.golf)
  • Re: Any hope of making paypal cough up...
    ... Paid the £12.98p it came to instantly with paypal, ... my bank account to cover it. ... This morning a letter from the Halifax arrives saying there wasn't enough ... money in my account to make this payment and that they are charging me ...
    (uk.people.consumers.ebay)