Re: Payment Sent to Wrong Account

In message <5gkjlgF3e9698U1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Nick <Spam@xxxxxxxx> writes
But the OP doesn't seem to mind the bank being out of pocket because presumably now his salary has been eaten up by an overdraft. As far as I can see he has been paid into an account in his name. The word ''tough'' springs to mind.

But the money hasn't be paid to the OP

Yes it has. Eric is right. The money has been paid to an account in the OPs name and by doing so it has reduced his liabilities so he is better off.
so I really don't understand your point.

I am surprised that the bank will not reverse a mistaken transfer.

??? Why on earth should they? It was sent to the account which the remitter intended (at the time). On what authority should the bank refund the dosh.
--
John Boyle
.