Re: Banks forced to pay back 200m in charges

"®i©ardo" <Here@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Robin T Cox wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 20:22:31 +0000, ®i©ardo wrote:

Whilst the Office of "Fair" Trading is desperately trying to change the
situation, you can, at the moment, have free use of a current account
provided you abide by the rules you agreed to when you opened it, and the
amendments to those rules subsequently advised to you.

Only by it being cross subsidised by the people that do pay
fees.

It happens that such cross subsidy is (probably) illegal under
contract law that has been in place for decades.
(If it is illegal) it is therefore incorrect to place the blame of
correcting this illegality on the messenger.

tim

  • Re: Banks forced to pay back =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=A3200m_in_charg?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?es?=
    ... Whilst the Office of "Fair" Trading is desperately trying to change the situation, you can, at the moment, have free use of a current account provided you abide by the rules you agreed to when you opened it, and the amendments to those rules subsequently advised to you. ... It happens that such cross subsidy is illegal under ... correcting this illegality on the messenger. ... As you raised it I'd say it was totally pertinent. ...
    (uk.finance)
  • Re: Banks forced to pay back 200m in charges
    ... provided you abide by the rules you agreed to when you opened it, ... It happens that such cross subsidy is illegal under ... correcting this illegality on the messenger. ...
    (uk.finance)
  • Re: why do so many ppl not like the RSGB
    ... Certainly trading whilst insolvent would be illegal (although many ... building up is an example of such illegality" ... Anyone reading the thread could quite easily misunderstand you sudden switch of focus from the RSGB to "company law", and that is why I asked for clarification, I made no suggestion I merely asked for clarification of your statement, which could easily be misunderstood. ...
    (uk.radio.amateur)
  • Re: why do so many ppl not like the RSGB
    ... Carrying on trading whilst debts which can never be settled are building ... up is an example of such illegality. ... Certainly trading whilst insolvent would be illegal ... It is the sort of thing some "one man" companies try to do. ...
    (uk.radio.amateur)
  • Re: why do so many ppl not like the RSGB
    ... Certainly trading whilst insolvent would be illegal (although many ... building up is an example of such illegality" ... I was discussing company law, ...
    (uk.radio.amateur)