Re: Payment Sent to Wrong Account

Stephen2 wrote:
The payroll company I use has sent my salary to an old bank account
with another bank I used years ago. This account is overdrawn with a
plan in place to pay off the balance over a couple of years. The
current balance is much more than the amount payed in. So I cannot get
access to any of the money myself.

The payroll company has requested the transaction be reversed so they
can then send the money to the correct account, the details of which I
provided on an official form when I joined the company.

How likely is it the first bank will give the money back given the
high debit balance? Do they even have to? I suppose they don't know
it's a credit for the same person.

No chance. But you should still get paid.

TiT
.