Re: Payment Sent to Wrong Account

Stephen2 wrote:
The payroll company I use has sent my salary to an old bank account
with another bank I used years ago. This account is overdrawn with a
plan in place to pay off the balance over a couple of years. The
current balance is much more than the amount payed in. So I cannot get
access to any of the money myself.

The payroll company has requested the transaction be reversed so they
can then send the money to the correct account, the details of which I
provided on an official form when I joined the company.

How likely is it the first bank will give the money back given the
high debit balance? Do they even have to? I suppose they don't know
it's a credit for the same person.

No chance. But you should still get paid.

TiT

  • Re: Urgent/Confidencial
    ... account will be deleted without reading. ... | father has a great love for me.as his only son my confides ... | from you is to furnish me with your bank particulars: ... | assist me transfer this money in your private bank ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.contacts)
  • Re: Paypal - unauthroized transfer
    ... I needed that money to make up for my gambling losses. ... The AOL Safety and Security Center is free at AOL. ... and I both feel it was a hacking of just my paypal account. ... by generating an email telling me that the $2,755 withdrawal from bank ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: Urban Legends About the Iraq War
    ... Swiss Bank Corp., New York, to Nations Bank in Texas that originated from Saudi ... Alberta are mentioned in the SWIFT cashback wire transfer ... RDC used a Merrill Lynch account to ... Some of the funds were returned to Bluelake but some of the money is ...
    (soc.culture.iraq)
  • Re: A Greek, a Spaniard and an Italian Go Into a Bar and Order a Drink. Who Pays?
    ... checking account every month when I balanced it. ... it and wasn't about to inform the bank. ... I no longer balance my checking account. ... I did get those charges reversed, ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Banks win Supreme Court case on overdraft charges
    ... agreed limits then your account cost the banks to run so you get ... At the end of the day the bank needs depositors and needs to keep ... without thier funding the banks wouldnt have money ... The state doesn't like cash floating ...
    (uk.legal)