International Payments

What is the safest way(s) to receive payments from overseas? I understand cheques can bounce several months after clearing and credit transfers can be reversed. Is there ever a point when the recipient can be sure he's "got the money"?

My question is mainly academic but I think it's something worth knowing.

--
Mike

  • Re: International Payments
    ... I understand cheques can bounce several months after ... clearing and credit transfers can be reversed. ... a point when the recipient can be sure he's "got the money"? ...
    (uk.finance)
  • Re: Non-credit card sized rail tickets
    ... > money being taken back out of the receiver's account by their bank. ... You may draw funds against cheques credited to ... However, many smaller institutions do not run their own clearing process, ... And a problem for the banks also, although I suspect one that generates ...
    (uk.railway)
  • Re: Cheque/payment bouncing "rules"
    ... >> How does a bank decide what payment to bounce if you are near your limit? ... > and it's conceivable that all DDs are processed before all cheques. ...
    (uk.finance)
  • how long before the negs arrive :-)
    ... post for paypal, cheques subject to clearing. ... still waiting on 4 payments. ...
    (uk.people.consumers.ebay)
  • Re: Cheque/payment bouncing "rules"
    ... > How does a bank decide what payment to bounce if you are near your limit? ... the intelligent thing to do is to bounce things in such an order ... and it's conceivable that all DDs are processed before all cheques. ...
    (uk.finance)