Re: Bloody Spiders!
- From: "Paul Griffiths" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 15:21:56 GMT
"Bev" <bev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Paul Griffiths blathered...
I had to ask! Apparently "Sorry, my bad." means (if you can call it"My bad" (as in "my mistake" - an American import apparently)
My bad what exactly? I've never worked it out.
meaning) "Sorry, that was my mistake" or "Sorry, that was my fault" or
"sorry that was my error"
The meaning I knew, the derivation is what I'm still struggling with.
Sounds like there's a word missing at the end but I can't think what it
The world has gone mad. Why not say 'mistake' rather than substitute a
word that has a totally different meaning? After all, it seems to have
worked for Sheeel for years.
So, any thoughts on "taking a rain check or cheque"?
- Prev by Date: Re: Bloody Spiders!
- Next by Date: Re: Bloody Spiders!
- Previous by thread: Re: Bloody Spiders!
- Next by thread: Re: Bloody Spiders!