Audio line-in Q - old iMac and new iMac
- From: Howard.not@xxxxxxxx (Howard)
- Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 15:22:40 +0100
I have a Technica headset with a swinging mic and a twin output, pink
and green (you can tell how much I know about this stuff ...) Also a
volume and on/off switch for the mic.
I cannot get the mic to work when I plug it into the line in plug at the
back of my old iMac from Xmas 2008:
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac7,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Then I found this discussion:
I hope to get a new iMac shortly when the new model comes out but in the
mean time I wondered if there is anyone in the know who can confirm
where I stand.
Is it correct that I am using a bog standard headset and my old iMac
needs a preamp ?
Do current iMacs and probably the new one still have that requirement ?
Is a USB headset/mic an alternative ?
My needs are basically skype and other online voice comms.
Many thanks !
- Prev by Date: Re: Installing Lion Legality
- Next by Date: Re: Audio line-in Q - old iMac and new iMac
- Previous by thread: Nike air Max 87 Shoes,Nike air Max TN Shoes (www.edoplaza.com)
- Next by thread: Re: Audio line-in Q - old iMac and new iMac