Installing Lion Legality

I purchased Lion from the App Store, installed it on my iMac. I believe that I can install it on
other Mac's owned by my family, free of charge, is this true?. I would like to install it on my
daughters MacBook, it has the necessary system 10.6.7. Do I log in to the App Store on her
Mac with my details in order to download and install.

Regards

John

  • Finally migrated - only took three days...
    ... In my case, which at this stage I imagine is going to be typical of anyone trying this, I had a mix of App Store, optical discs and downloaded installers to sort out. ... My Logic Pro download from the App Store went without hitch, but then the additional content had to be done twice, and it still looks like they've messed a couple of the installs up if I diff the support library against my previous Logic Express install. ... And then black, well maybe grey, marks for Omni Group too - yep, Omni Group. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Adobe - Photoshop and their "Subscriptions"
    ... do when they detect more than 5 copies of an itunes protcuct is installed or ... cs is not sold on the app store. ... way you could install it on an unlimited number of macs. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Lion update 10.7.2
    ... I DL'd Lion on my iMac and burned an install disk. ... Now "App Store" on the iMac just alerted me to an update available for 10.7.2 ... ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Lion update 10.7.2
    ... I did not install it on the iMac. ... It isn't clear that the App Store is trying to update the OS. ... it's not updating the os, it's updating the *app* you downloaded, which ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Lion update 10.7.2
    ... I did not install it on the iMac. ... Now "App Store" on the iMac just alerted me to an update available ... iMac which was bought after Lion came out but came with SL ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)