Time Machine server

Under Snow Leopard, I used to share out a disk which was used as a Time Machine destination for others on the network. I can't see how to do that in Lion, unless I'm missing something?

I can see how to do it in Lion -Server-, but the app store reviews are rather putting me off - also with Mountain Lion being so close I'm not sure what the upgrade path would be. Has it now moved to become a server-only function?

Cheers,
Ian
--
Check out Proto the album: <http://studioicm.com/proto/>

  • Re: Why Mountain Lion?
    ... and removed some of the things I didn't like about Lion. ... This is just right in time as my old Time Capsule is about to ... I temporarily use another external disk as ... a second Time Machine backup disk until I can replace the primary Time ...
    (comp.sys.mac.misc)
  • Re: Lion to come on thumb drive in August
    ... All disks with Lion installed have a recovery partition that can be ... internet recovery mode. ... models of the Mac introduced today or afterwards will let you ... install from the internet without an OS on the disk, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: How to boot wirelessly?
    ... Next, Lion Internet Recovery will ... connect to a wireless network so it can see whether there is any Mac OS ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: If you get the Lion upgrade from the app store...
    ... of Lion from which you can use your disk utility to repartition ... Apparently, when you install Lion, you create a recovery partition. ... boot from a Time Machine backup. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Lion on Core Duo Mac Mini
    ... MacBook to connect the disk of the upgraded Mac mini Core Solo (now ... Installed Lion on the firewire target disk. ... about the same time it took to install Lion ... I never managed to get AFP shares working with my Appletv so I used SMB. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)