Memory

I sort of know what I'm doing with a Mac - I think .....

Just looking at the Activity Monitor for System Memory.

Free seems obvious ...

Wired?

Active? Well, I guess that is what is actually being used?

Inactive? Why? Can't it be used?

Slightly puzzled ....

Larry

  • Re: Just venting (totally OT)
    ... It's the sort of thing to fit in with something else, ... There's a Mac version of that. ... Unless Steve is completely insane, ...
    (uk.people.support.depression)
  • [Long] New business: many questions (mostly on topic...)
    ... difference between a static IP and the runny sort? ... Can anyone recommend a simple project management package for the Mac? ... What's the most effective way of sharing my HP Officejet 5610 all-in-one ... Thanks very much indeed for any and all advice. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: If this interests someone in the VMS land to broaden his expertise to non VMS systems
    ... The application needs to be sort of HIPPA-compliant in the sense that the ... I clearly have a different definition of mandatory access control (MAC), ... multiple levels or multiple compartments within the database, ... what sort of security and auditing you've set up around the database. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Powerpoint 2008 a complete disaster - ultra slow, freezes
    ... Appears from Activity Monitor that when using ppt 2008 100% cpu is used up. ... This happens when switching from slide to outline view, for example, and the coloured disk appears while the program freezes. ... If there's more than one install, Mac OS X will waste time trying to figure out which one to use. ... Select all your fonts and validate the fonts and validate the font files. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.powerpoint)
  • Re: New Patch Fixes 43 Flaws In OS X, Many Serious
    ... Mac OS X having any sort of 'inherent resistance' ... I do not know what "power" is meant here, but features like ... keep in mind that www is the account used by the ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)