Firefox plugins warning problem

This is the setup:- G5 with 10.4.11

Firefox
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.2.25)
Gecko/20111212 Firefox/3.6.25

Recently, a yellow banner has started appearing at the top of many
pages saying:
"Some plugins used by this page are out of date"

However, when I go to update the plugins, they say that they can't be
updated on my system.

This banner is not only irritating, but because it can take some time
to appear, sometimes it causes the page to shift down as I'm clicking
on a link. So either the link is missed or a totally different link is
clicked.

Is there any way of preventing Firefox from displaying this banner?

In Preferences, the 'Automatically Check For Updates' is not ticked, so
it shouldn't be doing it.

Thanks

  • Re: Firefox plugins warning problem
    ... However, when I go to update the plugins, they say that they can't be ... This banner is not only irritating, but because it can take some time ... Is there any way of preventing Firefox from displaying this banner? ... The problem is that you're stuck with Firefox 3.6 as it's the last one with PPC support. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: How do VA scans work technically
    ... The good news is that Nessus plugins are open source, ... Also, Nessus is still free for non commercial use, so your best bet is ... to configure a web server as stealthily you like, ... You'll find some plugins are based on banner grabbing, ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Firefox plugins warning problem
    ... a yellow banner has started appearing at the top of many ... pages saying: ... However, when I go to update the plugins, they say that they can't be ... This banner is not only irritating, but because it can take some time ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: OT politics
    ... Then why did the White House have to have the banner made and sent to ... White House saying "it wasn't us - the sailors did it" and then having ... So show us the evidence. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)
  • Re: OT- Who REALLY lied?
    ... With a huge banner right behind him saying, "Mission Accomplished", he's going to deny that he ever said it? ... Do you have any reason to believe that Bush asked for the banner to be displayed? ... Bush had a favorable photo-op. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)